Faith

I am thinking about my relationship with my faith (Christian) and how I can move into my mindful sobriety in a way that is integrated with my faith. One that will help my sometimes nascent faith to grow.  Have you ever thought about that? About whether calming your mind and eliminating the numbing effects of alcohol will open you up to a higher power?

Before I went alcohol free, I decided to commit to a spiritual practice of yoga every morning. Fifteen minutes, with an online morning prayer service playing on my computer while I stretched. 

I started this daily yoga practice on July 20, 2017. See: I keep track of my start date, just like I keep track of my drinking quit date (November 2, 2017).  I also think about how it has changed me. The changes are subtle, but I am curious about them.  Did the one lead to the other? Maybe so.

What is next? I feel a deep happiness in the anticipation.

Mere

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sober Grief

Anxiety and Alcohol

Rage: I drank alcohol!